I attended a United Way wrap up dinner at the university president's house this evening and my goal was not to embarrass myself in any way. That meant I could not say something stupid, do something stupid, or act generally stupid. Tall order.
I ended up visiting with and sitting with one of the United Way ladies, a co-worker from the university, and the co-worker's husband. Turns out we were well matched in that we talked about having no real social skills or at the very least the manners expected of those people who are in charge (like the university president). We ended up laughing a lot and sharing our histories and finding the commonality in that. Now if anyone else had been listening or sitting at our table, there would have been a problem but we were fine with the four of us. And that made it fun.
I walked to and from the dinner so I got a little exercise. I'm trying to get in shape for my family reunion coming up here in a couple of weeks. I'm not too far gone, but I could stand to lose a couple of pounds. I'm watching what I eat in the hopes that will be enough. I still hate the "D" word, so if I don't call it that I'll do better.
I don't really know anything else worth writing about. So that's it for now.
Tuesday, May 24, 2011
I didn't embarrass myself
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment