I just made up that word when I titled this post. My new destination in life? Napquest. To seek the time, place, and opportunity for a nap. Nothing better.
I went shopping out of town with friends on Friday, and got back home in mid-afternoon. Then I took a nap. It was awesome! Saturday and Sunday, I managed to squeeze in a nap in the afternoon. Why the heck haven't I been doing that more often? It made such a difference to how I felt the rest of the day, and the truth is I think it helped me to sleep better at night.
During the week, it's impossible to nap in the afternoon. It's uncivilized I tell you, to deny employees the opportunity to indulge in a practice that has been proven to make them better workers, more alert, more productive, and healthier. Maybe I should pursue the "healthier" concept with legal counsel. Can my doctor write a prescription?
Anyway, tonight I'm bushed and unable to get off the couch because there was no nap today. I was very busy at work without stopping to breathe or blink, much less nap. Tomorrow I'm away from the office again which means Wednesday I'll be swamped and behind. I hereby volunteer to be a one-woman scientific study on the benefits and effects of mid-afternoon naps. Too bad for you -- I called it first.
Monday, December 12, 2011
Napquest
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment