Last night of our vacation near Branson, and we've done everything we planned for our trip. Traveling with my son and his family has been great, and allowed us to enjoy the little ones for an extended period. The three-year old is funny and oh, so verbal!
He was telling us how Doc from the Cars movie died before Cars 2 came out and wanted to know about that. His dad told him Doc was very old and that happens sometimes. There was more discussion and questions and then a long pause....
....before he asked me if I am very old. To a three-year old I probably am, but for the purposes of his question I was able to reassure him, "No, I am not very old." That seemed to satisfy him, but he needed to check if R was very old. "No, he is not very old either," we told him.
And all was right with his world, and that's why I love children. Very simple answers to what seem like hard questions fix everything. The truth is, the questions are not hard, but we can make them hard by thinking too much. My new goal: don't think so much. Seriously, I think my mind gets in my way much more than it needs to. I need to break it down, keep it simple, toss out the excess thinking.
I think now I'll take a bath to celebrate my new life goals.
Tuesday, May 15, 2012
Vacay
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment