Today R and I continued a conversation we started earlier about what we would eat if we could eat anything we wanted. If calories, fat, sugar, nutritious content didn't matter with no repercussions. I don't know if we're torturing ourselves or if we're getting the thought out of our system. Probably a bit of both.
So what foods? The first one we talked about was one of those KFC bowls that include chicken, mashed potatoes, gravy, and I'm not sure what else -- maybe corn. I don't even care, it just sounds yummy and mouthwatering. He asked if I wanted the chicken grilled, and of course I didn't. I want it breaded, fried, and juicy. (For the record, we never go to KFC but those bowl commercials look freakin' good.)
Also on the list is frozen custard. I love it but I'm thinking it's probably not something I should have more than a few spoonfuls of. I don't care what flavor, but a sweet cream or chocolate or cheesecake flavor would be nice and in a very large quantity.
A good hot chocolate made with whole milk or at the very least, two percent. Topped with whipped cream and a drizzle of chocolate sauce.
Almost any cookie, super-sized. A no-bake the size of my fist or one of my coffee house cookies (four types of chips) that could double as a paper weight. The angels would sing.
Of course french fries. Really good ones, really hot, with plenty of salt and other seasoning. Stick a half-pound burger on a homestyle bun next to it and the picture is complete, but should be grilled over an open flame. Don't get lazy.
Blueberry (or cherry, or peach) crisp. Home made with old-fashioned oats and brown sugar and butter. Fresh whipped cream on top (or vanilla ice cream). See, I included some fruit.
I'd better stop before I work myself into a state that will only be satisfied by a trip to KFC. My pants feel tight already.
Saturday, March 8, 2014
Wishful eating
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment