Sunday, April 6, 2014

Bi-project Disorder

I started another project today.  It is one that I could probably finish in a long weekend if I worked non-stop, but that will more likely take me months if not years.  I began removing the old grout from my 1930's bathroom wall tile so I can re-grout it with fresh, intact, non-mildewed grout.  I worked in a tiny corner today and got it done, but since the space between the door jamb and the corner is barely two tiles wide it hardly counts.  Still, it's a good place to learn how to saw out grout and then use a grout float to spread it back in.

I am grateful that my 1930's bathroom is tiny and that the tile is about shoulder high around most of the room.  Let's face it, I'm lazy and I am easily (bored) tired.

I've thought about doing this for several months.  I bought the supplies a few months ago.  I had to wait for a manic moment in a quiet weekend to start the project, and that was while R was at work today (he went in for a few hours).  My concern is how soon I'll have another manic moment to continue the task.

I have bunco at my house at the end of May, so I do have a goal in mind.  You gotta love the incentive that entertaining a house full of women brings.  I swear without that my mopboards would never be dusted and my ceiling cobwebs never swatted down.  And I'm a fairly clean person!

I learned one thing:  buy a new sponge to smooth the wet grout into the grout lines.  An old sponge will deposit dog hairs and heaven knows what into your clean grout and you'll spend too much time picking them out and disgusted by the process.

Time to rest my shoulder.  I tested a few more muscles today....

No comments: