It's my turn to host bunco next Wednesday, so I'm seizing the opportunity and incentive to get some stuff done around here! I'm over half through on my bathroom grout sprucing project, and I have a three-day weekend to finish it. Last weekend, R and our son finished painting the front of our house, a project we started last year after our window repair work was done. We still have the east side (that is fairly hidden) and a little bit on the west peak (which we're hiring done) but it's bugged the daylights out of me that the front was partially done for the past several months. Now it's a pleasure to drive up to our house, the front lawn all green and pretty, the astilbe's budding and the peonies in full bloom.
R just came up with a good idea for my menu for that night: pulled pork sandwiches and simple sides like potato salad, veggies and dip, etc. It's tasty and easy to serve and eat. It may be warm that night so I won't have to heat up the kitchen. Good work, husband!
I'm dying to make some biscotti, which would be great with a simple ice cream or something like that. I found some waffle cone bowls at the store last year that were really cool and tasty. I'll have to see if I can still find them.
I'll be off work on Wednesday too so I can cook and clean and make a fun day of it. Is something wrong with me that I enjoy the preparation so much? Obviously.
Friday, May 23, 2014
Bunco prep
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment