I know it's late July and I haven't posted since mid-June (as if you are really tracking this) but I haven't had much need to put fingers to keyboard. I've been reading ebooks in the evenings when I can keep my eyes open. I swear my job has seriously diminished my ability to look at anything but TV in the evenings. I feel the brain cells disappearing but I can't muster the energy to care or assemble enough synapses to write.
Just that sentence took about 10 minutes. I probably shouldn't try to do anything while I'm watching TV Land or TBS.
R is at work tonight so I'm piddling my way through the day. I ran to the mall and to Kohl's and later to Target. I have new shower curtain rings and a 12-pack of Seagram's Ginger Ale to show for the Target trip, and a couple of clearance tops from Eddie Bauer. Tonight I made popcorn and skimmed three RFP's for work. I like to call them "anesthesia in a binder" but they're not for my department so I'm not as vested in them.
This morning, we had a McBreakfast and then went to hit a large bucket of balls at the driving range. It's super hot and humid now so early morning activity is about all a body can handle. R bought me a club and my son picked me up a glove so I looked like I knew what I was doing until I actually started swinging at the ball. All I can say is that driving looks easy when the pros do it but it's really hard and it hurts my hand. Even so it was fun and I hope to do it again soon. My goal was to hit the marker and I managed to klonk the 50-yard (or was it 50-foot?) post. R didn't hit any marker so in my book I won at driving balls.
R is doing well with his sobriety. I believe him when he tells me he has no urge to drink because he seems like his old self and the physical change has been remarkable. He's lost 12 pounds at last count and is not puffy and exhausted all of the time. That's not to say he doesn't feel his age, but at least he isn't feeling older than he should. He has a doctor appointment next month that will probably make him nervous because he wasn't up front with his physician for a long time. Just one more hurdle for him to get over but at least his health is improved.
We wrapped up a little back yard reconfiguring with R resetting some stones in our walkway and mulching an area that can't grow grass any longer because of deep shade. I tidied up the path today and am really happy with the results. I need to move some hostas to the new mulched area and pretty up the flower beds a little, but it can wait until Fall or even next Spring. We had so much rain this year that my intentions fell by the wayside as my weekends were spent waiting for the rain to stop. The soil in my flower beds could use some work, so that should become part of the plant-moving effort.
Guess that's enough for my monthly post. R should be home soon and will need to wind down with a little visit before he can sleep. Me too.
Saturday, July 25, 2015
Where have you been?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment