Sunday, January 22, 2017

Writing before the battery dies

To follow up my last post, I did get some yarn and crocheted an entire, full-size afghan.  Then I got some more yarn and crocheted a doll-sized afghan for my youngest granddaughter.  I worked a bit more on repairing the walls, but am not much further along.  Yesterday I found an area rug for the (as yet) unfinished TV room and had to order it online because it was out of stock at our local home improvement store.  Here is my plan:  when I get the rug (another 2 or 3 days), I will love it so much that I'll be motivated to finish the rest of the room.  Delusional much?


Work still sucks and I'm desperately worried about my co-worker who is handling the brunt of the mess my former boss left behind.  I don't want her to give up and quit but I'm really worried she will and I wouldn't blame her.  I went into work today (Sunday) to work on one of her regular tasks so she would be able to focus on more pressing issues.  Wish I could do more.

I was on a self-imposed news blackout Friday so I wouldn't have to hear about the "inauguration" (using quotes in case it gets annulled).  I really enjoyed seeing coverage about the marches on Saturday and was amazed at the creative protest signs.  My new word for the political situation is "Trumpocalypse" but I discovered it's hard to say after it took me several tries to tell my walking partner.  I can only manage it if I say "trum-POC-a-lypse.

R is doing well.  He's the bright spot in the sh*t tsunami that is the news.  He made an amazing pork chop dinner tonight and Columbo will be on in 20 minutes.  Battery nearly gone -- over and out.

No comments: