Not sure why, but “whoosh” has become a frequent word in my vocabulary, particularly when I am talking to myself. It can mean “Oh my!”, “That was fast!”, “Crap!”, or whatever else I want it to mean. It’s flexible.
I worked today on checking on my brother’s property and the incredibly over-sized appraisal. Nothing can be done about the current figure since we’re past the appeal date, which means we have to wait until December. His house is literally falling down and the land isn’t worth anything except to neighbors. He is also in arrears from a prior year. I even played the “he has cognitive issues” card but no dice. I guess a statute is a statute. Probably the only piece of our government that is still working and following its own rules.
Worked at the library this morning and played around some of the day. R is off tomorrow and we’re going to the last grandchild event for the school year. Then we’re going to tackle a few jobs around here that are better done on a weekday. Whoosh!
Just bought a book on breadmaking put together from America’s Test Kitchen. I don’t watch them religiously (on PBS) but I will say that when I do they are really good at explaining details. There is a whole wheat pizza crust recipe that I’ll look at, among others.
We hope to hike some amazing prairie on Monday, Memorial Day. Now that R’s new knee is healed, we can finally return to one of our favorite hikes. Looking forward to that.
A grandson graduated from high school last Saturday. Did you ever have one of those moments that you know you will carry with you the rest of your life? We had one then. His dad, our son, is on the local school board and when our grandson walked across the stage to receive his diploma, his father was able to step forward and hand it to him, shake his hand, and then they embraced. It was magic. Not a life moment you would ever imagine, but an amazing one for sure.
That’s it. I realized I hadn’t posted in a while, but it’s been a super busy month. Whoosh!
No comments:
Post a Comment