It's Friday night and I'm home, eating peanut clusters. I only worked in my office until 7:00 tonight and I just have maybe an hour and a half worth of work to do tomorrow. Then we're just going to hang out and let me decompress a little.
Sunday we're headed to see the littlest one and do some shopping. I'm enjoying the hunt for nice business casual clothes that are comfortable and look good. I can also use some shoes. I found the cutest outfit at Eddie Bauer the other day so I'm excited. But the truth is the peanut clusters I'm eating right now aren't going to make the hunt any easier.
I've worked either at the new job, the old job, or in my home office every day this week, starting at 8:00 in the morning and working until 9:30 or 10:00 at night. The lady I'm training at the old job is nice and also pretty sharp, but it's always hard to learn a new program and new routines. I know, because while I'm the one who knows everything at the old job, I'm the one who knows nothing at the new one. It's a nice contrast and a lesson in humility, as well as patience.
I had another super weird dream last night. It started when I woke up and took a little while to get back to sleep. Apparently I got back to sleep without knowing it but went immediately into a dream where I was in bed, half asleep in the same position I was when I was trying to fall asleep. Are you following this?
Anyway, I'm laying there half asleep (in my dream) and I hear a faint crying sound, like a baby. I half awoke (in my dream) and listened, then I heard it again. I couldn't figure out what it was at first but then I thought it must be one of our cats. That immediately panicked me because our cats aren't allowed to roam the house because of our canary. Then I realized that the cat was mewling like that because she had our canary.
This shook me up so I tried to wake up R to go check it out, but I couldn't talk. And I couldn't move. He was curled up behind me, holding me (in my dream and for real) but I couldn't move to wake him and get him to save our bird. I kept trying to talk and move but all I could manage was some weak mumbling and some very slight movements of my fingers. It was frustrating to be paralyzed like that. Finally, R woke up and heard the cat. He was also kind of paralyzed and mumbling but after a while of mumbling communication, he understood the situation and managed to get out of bed to check on the bird. I heard him get into the hall and then he said "Oh NO!...." which didn't bode well for the bird.
Then I woke up.
I was really glad it was a dream, but I awoke in the exact same position I was in in my dream so it was freaky. And I still felt a little paralyzed. Weird.
Friday, August 22, 2008
Ahhhhhh......
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment