I'm getting sick. I think. I kind of hope I'm getting sick because I'm fully prepared to stay home from work tomorrow if I'm sick, and I never was able to do that before without an e-NOR-mous amount of guilt (on my part) and tongue clicking (from employers). Lawyers do not give in readily to illness and have no patience for those that do. Academics, or perhaps it's just the larger organization, take a different view of it, at least that's what I'm hearing from those working around me.
So if I am really sick, I'll stay home and get better without feeling anxious and guilty even though I have no reason for the guilt. What a concept.
I don't really hope I'm getting sick. I'm just excited at how different it is perceived. And if I need to sleep all day I will.
Okay, enough for now. My arms ache and my eyes are closing. I'm getting sick after all.
Thursday, December 18, 2008
Sicky
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment