Random visual of the day: I saw a kid on a blue bike wearing a red Santa hat. Riding down a sidewalk along a main thoroughfare. A kid? In a Santa hat? On a bike? In November? Random!
Random bit of chocolate knowledge: I got my order from King Arthur Flour which included Vietnamese cinnamon, double Dutch dark baking chocolate, and gourmet drinking cocoa. I fixed myself a cup of the "cocoa" which is really a bag of chocolate chunks that melt in hot milk to become an amazingly dark, rich cup of "cacao". I use the word "cacao" because I really believe this is what the Aztecs were drinking when it was called the food of the gods. It bears no resemblance to Nestles Quik. Verdict: recommended.
Random health issue: Tonight after dinner, R told me he'd been sick all day with vomiting and diarrhea. Then he proceeded to be sick again. And again. I've been married almost 32 years and I do not remember him being sick like this. It is not pleasant to be around him when he's sick, so it's a good thing he's rarely sick. He said he thinks he lost weight, and I must admit I'm a little jealous. Now that's sick.
Random pet problem: Our blind pug is struggling. He hates the rain (and in a month or two snow), so when we carry him out to the grass to do his thing, if it's wet he finds his way back to our back door. And poops. And pees. And if he can't finish it all there, he does it in the house. My house is now a cesspool of nasty pet smells. I feel terrible about it. I don't think it is justifiable to put an animal down because of an inconvenience, but it's a challenge around here to be continually cleaning up poop and pee. I guess that's why I'm not a nurse (see paragraph above).
Random hair care product: I've been using Chi shampoo and I like it. It's a little reluctant to lather, but if you put enough water with it you can work up some good suds. It's also a little tough to rinse out, but it leaves my hair feeling thick and full and I use no style products. It seems to bring it's own body-inducing formula to the table.
Random hormone status: I have had no further menopausal symptoms. Makes me think I never did. Was I imagining hot flashes? Maybe it was just because the weather was warm that day or something.
Random cleaning project: I cleaned out my jewelry box. It was full of stuff I never wear, including large plastic earrings circa 1980. I put them in another wooden box to keep on hand for granddaughter dress up play. I found both pieces of one set of silver ball earrings, polished them up, and wore them to work. I could not find one of my favorite lapiz and sterling earrings, even after pulling out the drawers and the entire chest of drawers to check under it. Bummer. I also took the opportunity to fix a broken chain and sort the rest of the items so I could find them later on.
That's it. Randomness over.
Wednesday, November 11, 2009
Random
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Loving the randomness...the hot chocolate sounds amazing. I may have to get some. I use the Chi serum.. or smoothing something or other and love it. It's the only thing that controls my frizzies. Plus TJ Maxx has a boatload of it right now. : )
Post a Comment