My shoulder was tight when I got home from work late last night, and R said he'd never felt such a knot. He has good masseuse hands, and he does a good job taking the kinks and knots out of my back and shoulders so he knows whereof he speaks. I'm still working on the bank rec for the university, so that's why I'm tangled up. Today I asked the finance director if a $340K difference was small enough to write off. He said, "Uh....no," so I'm back to figuring it out, line by line.
I wish I had time for a physical outlet to my stress. More accurately I wish I had time to relax because that's how I generally relieve tension. My daughter just completed her first triathlon, and enjoyed it so much! She made a resolution to compete in one, trained for several months, and followed through. I envy her her enthusiasm, but my long term goal is to get more rest and find time to putter. I'm seriously short on putter time.
I keep telling myself to hang in there until November, and things will begin to turn around. I can do that, right? Then I'm heading towards a luxury hotel with free happy hour drinks and a large bathtub. I might even order in a movie.
I"m typing this on my new laptop. I had to replace my old one that bought the ethernet farm, so I didn't waste any time. I probably could have figured out what was going on with the old one (couldn't get online) but after working long days at a computer, I didn't want to spin my wheels on a non-working one at home. True to form, this one cost just a little over half of what I paid for my last one. Eventually, I will purchase a computer for a nickel.
I also felt I deserved a new computer. I've been feeling that way a lot lately, which is not only ridiculous but it's expensive. I need to change my attitude on that, but not until I enjoy my luxury hotel overnight.
Wednesday, September 21, 2011
Knotted
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Dang, if you're replacing your laptop, that means it's about time to replace mine. Ipad, come to mama.
Post a Comment