Saturday, February 11, 2012

The Wheel

As if we aren't old enough in this house, R has begun watching the show Wheel Of Fortune.  He has even taken to calling it "The Wheel" which in and of itself I believe pushes him into an entirely new category of old.

My middle son, N, comes for dinner once a week and it has become part of the evening to watch "The Wheel" and make fun of the contestants and their ridiculous vowel purchases.  However, we still attempt to solve puzzles by hollering out our guesses which we somehow feel are more correct as our volume rises.  A few weeks back, he was guessing the final puzzle and based on these letters:

T_ _ _L_NG   MY   F_NN_   _ _N_

he came up with this gem:

TIDDLING MY FUNNY WINK

...which absolutely cracked us up because he kept yelling it to the TV, waiting to be vindicated when the answer was revealed. Unfortunately, the real answer was:

TICKLING MY FUNNY BONE

which wasn't nearly as funny or creative.  But now, whenever I need a laugh, I repeat to myself "Tiddling my funny wink!" and I either smile or laugh internally or even laugh out loud.  I know it's stupid, but it's my own personal comedy track. 

The Wheel?  Seriously?  I guess so.

No comments: