I'm baaaack......and feeling pretty good. Yes I'm tired and achy and I have developed a lower back ache that is uncharacteristic of me, even as frequently as I complain about pain. But I'm making headway on "stuff" and even managed to make a batch of kick-ass biscotti last night that can only make me feel better when dipped in hot chocolate with Bailey's.
I've been spending my evenings with a Bed Buddy wrapped around my neck and shoulders and I must say my neck and shoulders feel better. I can even turn my head most of the way now. The heat relaxes my shoulders that suffer when I get tense and/or cold. Bed Buddies are my new best...well...buddy. I recently bought one that is more of a cowl than just a tube of warmth, and it feels wonderful. I'm all about the warmth.
We moved my Mom's dresser and chest of drawers into our bedroom and it's ridiculous how much I like it. We spent all day last Saturday trying to sell the set to during the estate sale and had no luck. I wasn't ready to see it head off to charity (I believe it's a little older than me) and then I got the bright idea of buying it to set back for one of the kids who might need it. When we moved it into our living room so I could vacuum out the spider webs and dust, I realized it was way better than our own set that we've been meaning to replace for years. And years. So R and I dragged it up to our room, and although I suffered a foot injury in the process it turned out to be one of my better ideas.
It also turned out that one of the items I requested from her apartment is a vintage Westmoreland milk glass dresser set that she had ever since I can remember. I know my Dad gave it to her, but I'm not sure of the history. It always sat on her chest of drawers and now it sits on mine. I used to sniff the perfume bottle tops when I was little so I poured some of my own perfume into one of the bottles, even though I don't even wear perfume. Perfect.
Tuesday, October 9, 2012
Back
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment