Saturday, August 24, 2013

Empty headed

The carpenters are mostly done, with just storm window installation remaining on the new living room windows. Our biggest task remaining, other than writing a very large check, is to paint, paint, paint, and then when we've painted ourselves crazy, paint some more.

Today I finished painting the new LR windows (both coats, outside only) and the front dining room windows (a single coat will suffice on those). R worked on some more siding areas but also had to carve out some time to mow grass and run some errands. Unfortunately, life does not pause for big projects. Neither does the weather, because the summer heat we were missing in July and much of this month returned today and turned me into a sweaty, smelly mess.

I cleaned up in time to eat a McSalad, and then went upstairs to do bookwork and answer emails from my office. I finally quit just before 9:00 and somehow convinced R we could squeeze in a trip to Home Depot before they close at 10:00. I plan on going into the office tomorrow, so I wanted to start from the best place I could. I also wanted to get numbers out of my head so I can sleep better tonight.

We're approaching the end of August and the hectic fall enrollment. I simultaneously wish it was over and am terrifed because there is not enough month left for me to finish what I need to finish. We just started the search for the replacement accountant, and of course there is not enough time for that either.

I guess the trip to Home Depot worked a little too well. Everything is out of my head now. G'night.

No comments: