Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Back to normal

I'm back home, back to work, back to (almost) normal in my life. It's been hectic but mostly good and rewarding. After staying with the out of town grandkids for a few days, I worked for three days and then stayed with the local grandkids for three days. Then I worked for two days. Now I'm back to work full time, and I think we are on track again.

I watched the two older local grandkids while the new baby had skull surgery to correct his craniosynostosis. His surgery was performed on the day he turned six weeks old. I am so glad it's over and they were able to do it early so I didn't have to worry about his health and growth and head shape any longer than necessary. I was worried, R was worried, and I can't imagine how his parents felt. Now that it's over, his head looks so much better -- even with the helmet he wears now. He is a sweet, little, adorable boy.

We had some really special moment the past few weeks. We played games and read books and cuddled. We shared treats and took naps and walks. We tucked in and gave baths and watched Sprout and Nick Jr. We shared meals and stacked legos. It was the best.

I've been catching up at work and today wrapped up an important (read IRS) project that was hanging over me. Now I can get back to the task of keeping up my usual work. A novel thought.

Must close for now. My left foot is cramping like a sonofagun and my battery is almost out. And that Chex mix is calling me.

No comments: