Today was the office move that has been in the planning for several months. We are the last of the offices to move into the area, so our hope was that many of the kinks had been worked out of the system. For the most part, that was true, but there are always hurdles of some type. Ours was that one of our employees was moved into the wrong space, but we'll get it figured out and I think will be happier with the solution.
I had a really nice couple of emails from the department that oversees the departments we are moving next to, and it ended my day on a high note. I'm a sucker for positive reinforcement, whether I'm giving it or getting it. In this case, I got it.
I spent the day directing the movers, helping the staff, unpacking my boxes, etc., and I was in my element. It's no secret that I like to organize, so unpacking boxes into a new space is an ideal time to figure out a more efficient way to store and file. If I had a nickel for everyone who asked me if I was "Having fun yet?" in a tone that clearly indicated I should not be having fun, I could have bought lunch. But I was on an adrenaline high or something and I could not bring myself to agree so I kept saying that I like unpacking and organizing and I'm pretty sure people probably hated me by the end of the day. I know I would have.
When I got home tonight I was too tired to move after my 11-hour work day. R cooked me some oatmeal with raisins for supper (steel cut -- super yum) and I've been sitting under an afghan ever since. My eyes burn and I know there are some things I need to do but I can't. I have an 8:00 a.m. meeting in the morning so there is no rest for the wicked organizing optimist. Ever.
Thursday, March 6, 2014
Move
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment