We had our Easter celebration last weekend when all of the kids could come, so this holiday weekend is just us. I'm excited to have a quiet, no-plans weekend although having the kids was wonderful. The grandkids are always fun and the kids are great. A late morning brunch was easy to put together, delicious, and gave us a great dinner of leftovers later in the week. Breakfast casserole is awesome reheated.
We hope to work on a couple of projects this weekend but we'll see how it goes. We're going to replace the mulch between our house and our neighbor's with rock so we don't have to replace it any more. We hope when that's done we won't have to fight the dreaded artillery fungus that infested that dark, damp little area and continues to shoot what looks like fly poop all over the side of my house. That's right...fungus that shoots fake fly poop. All over. It's gross.
We think the fungus arrived in a bag of mulch from who knows where. It happened a couple of years ago and it was only last year we figured out what it was. Fungi love damp areas and the narrow space between our houses qualifies. Since we're working on painting that side of the house this year, we want to get the fungus off of the house and keep it from coming back if possible. I hear it's hard to get rid of, but we hope that taking away the mulch where it thrives we will be able to get rid of it. I also bought a fungicide that I'll spray before we put the rock down.
As if I don't have enough to do, right? Anyway, it will look nice when it's all done.
I looked at the living room window the other day and realized I haven't finished painting it on the inside. I primed a little around the side that is visible behind the curtains, and forgot that I hadn't finished priming or painting. Oops! I already started the grout in the bathroom project. Now I'll have two big projects to try to finish before I host bunco.
I think what I'll work hard on is not caring whether anything gets done. I'm feeling pretty good about that particular task.
Friday, April 18, 2014
Weekend holiday
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment