Wednesday, May 6, 2026

Sleep deprived

 For unknown reasons, I haven’t slept well recently. Typically I fall asleep within minutes of my head hitting the pillow but something has changed and I toss and fuss for an hour or more before settling in. It’s ridiculous. I could always count on my ability to fall asleep quickly so it’s pissing me off when I can’t. R is sleeping in the guest room because he has to get up so early for OT work, but I don’t think that’s the problem. I do it when he’s in our room too.

My phone and iPad must sense that I’m having issues because my algorithms are loaded with sleep tips. And I didn’t ask it to do that. And I don’t usually pick up my phone in the middle of the night. I might turn on the TV though so that’s probably it. We’re super wired in to feed our algorithms, that’s for sure.

It’s cooled off and I’m annoyed about that too. It was in the 40’s when I walked this morning and should be the same tomorrow morning. The skies are really pretty blue though and the trees and plants are super green since we’ve had a bit of rain, so I shouldn’t complain. I really want to work in the garden but I really hate doing it when I’m cold. Guess I’ll wait a bit and see what happens. Everything seems to be doing fine without my help anyway. The peonies are looking really good!

Since it was going to be a cooler week (and busy with g-kid stuff), I made a pot of Chicken Verde Soup on Tuesday. Heats up easily, pairs nicely with a salad, and I froze a couple of servings for another day. It’s so good and seems to be so good for you. Just chicken, veggies, and broth with salsa verde for a nice kick. 

My young neighbors who neglected their flower beds and lawn all of last year have been working on cleaning them up for a graduation party. Nothing like having people over to get a person motivated. I worked a little on their plot next to our driveway, but to my surprise they did too! Fingers crossed they keep it up but the old man in my house is skeptical. Oh well, we can enjoy it anyway.

Can’t seem to satiate myself today. Finally made myself a bowl of instant grits which is pretty dang good. After my hospital visit in late December, all I wanted was grits. Turns out when your adrenal gland is suffering, it can cause you to crave salt. I was definitely doing that.

Going to wrap up and turn on NPR. Might even catch a few “makeup winks” before R gets home. We have a band concert to go to tonight and I’m already tired! Ta!

No comments: