My weeks seem to boil down to Fridays being the day I tackle errands, small projects, laundry, bill paying, etc. I don’t mind it and way, way back in the day when I worked 4 days a week I had Fridays off and did odd tasks. It’s very satisfying and I used to reward myself with a McLunch while reading a book or magazine. Fast forward to the 21st century and I still like to reward myself with a McLunch but I scroll my phone which is not nearly as elegant.
Brother still has issues, and we are problem solving as we uncover more things to solve. Sigh.
We had a somewhat life-changing event happen last week. R has wanted to sell his car after retirement and purchase a small compact (okay, a VW….there I said it) for his use. Our middle son plans to buy R’s car. I thought for some time now that we could manage with one good car but R was not on board. He rarely makes demands so I planned to go along with whatever made him happy. I received an email from our local Honda dealer with info on a late model used CR-V with low mileage. I showed it to R just to let him see what newer cars cost now that mine is 8 years old and his is 10. He slept on it and then asked me to go look at it. It was out of the price range we had in mind for any vehicle but he said we could trade in my car (the newer one) and use the money from selling his car and then it would be very affordable. Which means he agreed to go to a single vehicle after he retires in early August. No VW. Just a sweet, new ride for us. Done!
Of course I loved the vehicle which had nearly identical options to my car but updated versions of them. And it’s not even a year old. But the color sold me on sight which often happens. Although I really loved my old car, I was never a fan of the color Pearl White. It’s not horrible, just dowdy. The new car is “Meterorite Gray” which is spectacular. It’s a 10 out of 10 for this girl.
This morning I picked up the title and next week will visit the DMV to transfer tags. So much busy work and paper work when buying a car. We already ordered good floor mats for the front and a cargo cover for the back. I spent 3 days waxing it which is not my normal task but R was working. It takes me a long time because 1) I’m slow and 2) I won’t work if it’s too hot. But it looks nice.
That’s it for now. Laundry is in and paperwork is ready to be tackled, but lunch comes first as it should. Not a McLunch but we plan to get up early tomorrow and visit the lily pond at a local park to see if we can hear the bullfrogs singing. We’ll follow that up with a McBreakfast so a good start to the weekend. And we’ll scroll on our iPads which is slightly more elegant than phones.
No comments:
Post a Comment