I love not working Fridays. I love TGIT. I love Monday holidays that give me a four-day weekend. I REALLY love taking off the Tuesday after a Monday holiday that gives me a five-day weekend, while burning only one vacation day.
I love Thursday night television on NBC. My Name is Earl, 30 Rock, The Office, and even Scrubs (but not to the same extent although I think Zach Braff (sp?) is great). Sometimes we'll flip over to PBS and This Old House and that's great too. Love home improvement shows. I don't care about drama shows, possibly due to a short attention span, maybe because of the investment of time. I think the upcoming show about Chuck sounds promising. I like the actor (I don't know who it is but I've seen him around).
But back to Thursday. I'm trying to figure out what to do with my five days. I'm thinking about cleaning out the guest room closets. I've been wanting to clean and organize them, then paint them. There are two of them and they're full of stuff from when the kids lived here. I think I can safely box it up, give it back or throw it out. That statute of limitations has run. That will give me a LOT of extra closet space which should be fun to figure out how I want to use.
We have a wedding, a funeral, and a dinner with friends this weekend. I cut R's hair tonight so he looks presentable, and mine gets cut tomorrow. We also may tackle some yard work because the weather has finally cooled a bit. He says it's still too early to plant grass though, but our back yard looks horrible so I'd like to get on it. At least get it ready.
I may take myself out for a McBreakfast tomorrow morning and read the paper or my library book which I'm really enjoying. It's "Mary Todd Lincoln, Her Life and Letters" and it's fascinating. I recommend it.
Maybe I should spend my five days reading my book.
The neighbors across the street are having their house painted and it's fabulous. I didn't realize how ugly the old paint color was until they changed it. They're new owners and a cute young couple with two little ones.
Maybe I'll just sit out front and watch paint dry.
I'm even toying with sleeping in a little on Monday and Tuesday. I can run later in the morning (my walking partner will be out of town). I never sleep in, but now that I have room darkening shades, it's a possibility. As long as the dogs are quiet.
TGIT.
Thursday, August 30, 2007
TGIT
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment