Tuesday, November 6, 2007

Am I nuts?

Okay, don't answer that. But ever since telling my bosses I needed more work to do I've been swamped. And I like it. What kind of moron thinks that way?

My favorite thing to do at home is "nothing". Why is doing the same thing at work so awful? Maybe it has something to do with comfort. I can't really lie down and take a nap or watch crap TV or read a magazine of no intellectual value at all while I'm at work. I can't lie back on a chaise on the deck in the sun with a glass of iced tea and close my eyes, watching the colors change on the backs of my eyelids. I can't (and I usually don't) surf the net and check email and blog while I'm at work (but if I do, I'm smart enough to know how to erase my tracks, at least to the capabilities of the most technically savvy person in the office besides me). And Lord knows at work I'm not wearing jeans and a sweatshirt and my beloved down-filled slippers along with a thick pair of socks.

But I must say it's been so much better to be busy. I think it's because it makes the day at work go more quickly and people also leave me alone. Win win. I don't think I'm antisocial or anything, but you don't go into accounting for the interaction.

No comments: