This is what you see when you come to my house to visit....
The fawn pug is looking at feet, anticipating a sniff. The insane black pug is living up to her mental illness. We have been unable to break her of the barking at the door habit. I shamefully admit to yelling, spanking, shaking noisemakers and offering treats. No matter what I do it's overridden by her barking.
Ah well, what are you gonna do?
Yesterday she was all about jumping up on a little girl who was visiting us with her aunt (the aunt took the pic). The little girl didn't know what to do because the insane black pug breathes heavily and snorts when excited and to those unfamiliar with her, it sounds like growling. After a while I told the little girl to put her hand down so the black pug could sniff it. Once it was sniffed, the pug walked away, bored.
So now I'm going to try that with other visitors. Just call me the dog whisperer.
Yesterday we got busy and got caught up on pug maintenance duties. We got nails trimmed, fur brushed, and administered flea medicine. We can trim the insane black pugs with clippers but we have to use the "Pedi-Paws" for the fawn pug, and it takes quite a while. It's worth it though because he goes bat-shit crazy when we try to cut his nails. His screams actually hurt my ears. And yes, he actually screams.
I still need to clean out the bird cage tonight. I should also brush and tidy up the cats, but I'm kind of pet-cared out. And I caught myself looking at a fish while at the pet store yesterday. It's a good thing they weren't very cute.
I'd better get busy. I want to make some muffins too (for me, not the pets).
Sunday, July 12, 2009
Welcome mat
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment