Thursday, February 11, 2010

Cranky

I'm in full-on cranky mode again. I got the results of my blood tests and my cholesterol is up and I'll probably get warned by my doc next week. I know my weight is up which is probably affecting that but I am incapable of losing weight. Without capability. No can do.

Okay, don't get mad but I got a dozen beautiful roses delivered to me at work today. R had them sent to me for Valentine's Day. They're lovely shades of red, white, and the palest pink. It was so thoughtful and sweet.

Then he called later to tell me that he had invited a friend along tonight when we were to go out to grab a quick bite and run several errands. Now people who know me know that when I need to get something done I'm a woman on a mission. I pretty much hate to shop so when I do I don't piddle around. I do well with R along because he follows me, does what I tell him, and we get it done.

Bringing along a friend tonight, especially the particular one he asked, was just a bad idea. I didn't have the patience to explain anything or consider someone else's agenda. When I don't want to shop anyway, I don't care to wait for anyone else to browse. I didn't have lots of extra time tonight, and this friend is a little ADD so is a bit of a challenge to corral. She is also chronically late (which she was). She is a good friend and a lot of fun and I really enjoy her company...when I'm in the mood to enjoy anyone's company.

R was shocked that I wasn't really on board with his idea, and I was annoyed that it was already a done deal that I couldn't change. I get kind of stressed when I have a lot of things to get done so this was just adding to it. It was also stressful that the whole idea was generated out of sweetness, not any effort to be difficult and I was ruining it. I felt like a real butt.

Bottom line is, I'm cranky. He's thoughtful. What are you gonna do? I think I need medication.

No comments: