The weather has turned and the air feels like autumn. These first few days are always gorgeous and welcome and refreshing. I have energy and a little bit of drive and I've been cleaning and organizing. For instance:
....I bought a little photo album for photos of the newest granddaughter and put them in it. Amazingly, each grandchild has his/her own album.
....I completed the paperwork for a couple of different things that I had sitting on the dining room table and got them off to their respective locations.
....I found some furniture polish and cleaned up my cedar chest which was filthy. The G-kids use it as a play table and the blind pug simply runs into it all of the time leaving face prints on the sides. Now it looks pretty good.
....I cleaned off the shelves in the living room and pared down the stuff that went back on them. It looks less cluttered now.
....I finished the third fleece baby blanket with a crocheted border, washed it, and put it into a gift bag so it will be ready to go when the baby arrives.....in NOVEMBER! This one deserves a medal.
....I cleaned all of the ceiling fans in the house.
....I got my fireplace tuned up and ready to keep me toasty. I also bought a huge box of no-sugar added Swiss Miss instant hot chocolate from Sam's Club so I can sit there anytime I want, sipping hot chocolate.
....I washed and put the flannel sheets on our bed. Ahhhhh......
....I bought a reduced-price lampshade for the lamp I use in the TV room that makes the lamp look 100% better. No more fly specks or weird brown stain that could either be bug juice or pug butt juice. I know that's gross (and how did it get there anyway?), but in my defense I did keep that side faced to the wall.
....I got online and ordered an eyebrow pencil in the color that the brilliant people at Maybelline decided no one needed any more -- gray. I had to find another brand (it's harder to find than you think) so I'm ordering blind but we'll see. I used Maybelline's gray color even before I was as gray as I am now because my brunette hair is really very ashy, not much if any gold tone at all. The browns and dark browns just don't work with my hair or eyebrow color. By the way, my eyebrows are not gray, but are still my true brunette color, and the gray pencil totally works with them. (Speaking of my hair color, I had a friend at bunco the other night sitting across the table from me. She looked up and then told me I had the prettiest hair color. I'm always a little surprised and shocked when people compliment me, but then she said she would let her color grow out if her hair would be like mine. Wasn't that sweet? I remembered to say thank you.)
....I also got online and ordered a plastic liner for one of my baskets that I don't collect. It's been bugging me that I didn't have one. But I'm not a collector.
I have more to do and daylight's burning. I need to put on a pot of potato corn chowder for supper which should be the perfect meal for tonight. I found a pair of Columbia merino wools socks at T.J. Maxx and I don't think I will take them off until April. I am officially in love with merino wool (for my feet). I also bought some Avon stuff for my dry, cracked heels and I'm trying to undo all of the damage I inflicted on them over the summer. I may also take a bath tonight and warm up my core while moisturizing my exterior. Then crawl into flannel sheets. See why I love October?
Sunday, October 3, 2010
Glorious
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment