I had my evaluation at work last week, and it went well. My boss gave me a good evaluation (as good as he gives which is a little suppressed because he doesn't want to get carried away and have our merit raises get out of hand) and his boss even augmented it with comments and another performance category. My boss knows about my application with the other department, and he told me he had visited with his boss about it and if I am extended an offer his boss wants to visit with me first.
They want to keep me by offering me more money if needed. I was not expecting it nor was I angling for it, and this is my dilemma: how do I handle it if I receive an offer?
I never intended to force their hand, and never imagined the possibility of me leaving would do that. I don't want to be that person, but now if I get an offer I will be. I'm flattered and a little stressed about it. I had made my decision to leave and now it's muddied.
Oh well, maybe I won't get an offer and it will be easy, right? Stay tuned.
Monday, February 14, 2011
Dilemma
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Money, money, money, mo-ney, MONEY!
Post a Comment