I had the day off today which made my weekend 4 1/2 days long. I took off last Friday afternoon and we were really very busy most of the weekend....until today. I can't seem to get started on anything and I'm not in the mood to even try. The fact that I'm kind of worthless today makes me worry about when I do finally get to that retirement age. What the heck will I do with myself?
I've always said I will semi-retire when the time comes. I may retire fully from earning money and go to doing volunteer work part time, or I may get a part-time job. My job will allow me to retire to half time if I've worked there ten years.
It's become apparent I need some kind of structure in my day. By structure, I mean a plan or a goal. Or a deadline. I really hate that about myself, but I'm not sure I can do anything about it. Is it really possible I don't know how to relax? That's just sad.
I went to an antique shop today and browsed around. I didn't buy anything because there's not a darn thing I need. I also made a trip to the mall and found a lightweight knit sweater-y type jacket on sale for 75 percent off. I got it after I asked myself if the only reason I was buying it was because of the price. The answer was no, it was also cute. I finished up a baby gift for my niece by sewing up a fleece hat that matched the fleece blanket I made. It all turned out adorable if I do say so myself.
Last Friday afternoon I met a friend at her house for lunch and we floated in her pool until evening. It was positively heaven and such fun. I brought burgers and fries and we fixed fruity drinks with umbrellas. I guess I do know how to relax, huh? Just give me a pool, refreshments and someone to visit with and I'm good to go. I suggested we make it an annual event. She suggested monthly.
R will be home soon and I promised him home-made pizza. I guess it's time to get busy. See? I just need a project to get off the couch!
Tuesday, July 5, 2011
Retirement?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment