I had bunco tonight and it was a good night for me. I had more losses than anyone else so I won five bucks. Since R gave me five bucks for my ante before I left tonight, I came out ahead. Woo hoo! I never win anything, so biggest loser was great.
The person hosting fixes snacks and a dinner for the people coming, and tonight we were at the house of our most reticent player. She's nice, but painfully quiet and doesn't bring much to the table conversation-wise. I can usually make her laugh which I always feel obliged to do, because I can never tell if she's having a good time or not. She is also gluten-intolerant so unfortunately a lot of what people make for dinners or snacks or desserts she can't eat. That would seriously suck.
Since she hosted she cooked, and I'm not sure if it was gluten-free or not. I'm not opposed to gluten-free meals, but one of the main dishes was a pasta salad that included some flaked fish in it. I thought it was tuna but it ended up being something I didn't recognize and didn't like. At all. I didn't want to spit it out (well, I wanted to spit it out but I didn't think it was appropriate) but I sure didn't like it. I hope it wasn't spoiled. I hope it was just some nasty tasting fish.
I had some dark chocolate M&M's when I got home to get the taste out of my mouth. Thank heavens for dark chocolate.
Wednesday, August 31, 2011
Bunco success!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment