I'm getting ready to be gone for a few days to help with the new baby at my son's house. I'm fortunate I can get away from work but even more fortunate they want me to come. It's not always comfortable for daughters-in-law to invite their mothers-in-law to help, but my daughter-in-law is a real treasure and I don't think she minds my company.
I cooked yesterday so I'm not going empty-handed, and I'll bring along a couple of bags of frozen bierocks and some Chex mix (my "summer blend" recipe). I also have a tote bag full of little fleece blankies ready for their crocheted borders on the off chance I have some free time. We made up some Halloween treat baskets for the grandkids that we'll deliver today too. Lots of things crossed off our list this weekend!
I saw an ad in the paper this morning for a position with the state Board of Regents. I thought I'd take a look at it but when I saw it I thought it would be perfect for my boss! I hope he sees it and submits an application, then I can try for his position. Ha!
Truthfully, right now I would be happy just to get back to doing only my own job so I don't feel so stretched and worn. The new person is catching on quickly so it's going as well as we could hope. She confided in me last week that her mother is ill, which could create problems with leave time since she is so new to the position. She said she would assess the situation a little more after a trip to see her, and then she would tell her boss (the director). She must be really stressed to have that on her mind in addition to learning a new position! What the heck am I whining about, huh?
I have a day off scheduled in December that I'm going to shop with some friends from work. It should be a blast and we'll go to a couple of out-of-the way shops that they know about. I've been to one of them and it is my new favorite kitchen store, probably of all time. We went there when we took our weekend away a few weeks ago, and I need to go again just so I can get a better look. I swear I didn't see a quarter of what they have to offer. The place is literally floor to ceiling packed with gadgets and anything kitchen related. And their collection of Fiesta Ware actually made my heart skip a beat. I was wowed.
I need to tackle some more laundry and start packing. Guess I'd better get to it, huh? Guess so.
Sunday, October 30, 2011
Guess so
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment