How in the HECK did it get to be November? We'll be doing our family Thanksgiving in two weeks, and we've started doing some Christmas shopping so we're not overwhelmed at the end, but I'm already feeling a little overwhelmed. Calm down you fool.
We had such a nice event today when our kids put together a photo shoot with the whole family. I had no idea how beautiful and special it would be to see everyone together, arranged in an aesthetically pleasing manner, lit appropriately, coordinated but not matching. The baby even had the good sense to arrive early so she could be in the photos or they would forever be "those pictures we had taken right before she was born." They would just be incomplete.
This is just dumb, but on the way home I was thinking of all of us getting photographed (seven adults and five children) and the Kardashian-Jenner family popped into my mind. Ridiculous. I know they have more elaborate photo shoots than ours, and that made me wonder if it could ever feel normal to have everyone over-dressed with too much makeup while trying to capture a family's moment in time. Would that kind of family photo lend itself to sitting on a shelf or being tucked in an album? Wouldn't it feel like it was less for the family members than for those people, who for whatever reason, wanted to look at their pictures? I think family photos should first and foremost touch the family and mean something to them.
I made a yummy chicken, white bean, and orzo soup this weekend. Found the recipe in my Cooking Light magazine. There are enough leftovers for a few more bowls which is hands down the best reason to make a pot of soup.
We gained an hour today and I'm ready to go to bed. It feels really late to my body and brain. I need to get geared up for work again, and get back on track. I'm on about day ten of a nasty canker sore and it's wearing me out. I wake up sometimes because I can't get comfortable. I want to lay on that side but it hurts. I can't close my mouth all the way so my throat dries out. Last night I gargled with salt water and I think that helped.
Too tired to continue. I'm going to bed.
Sunday, November 6, 2011
Calm down you fool
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment