We had a wonderfully quiet New Year's Eve because we were both exhausted and decided that going to bed early was the best way to begin 2012. We woke up this morning, rested and refreshed and it really does seem like a new year. It's sad but I can't help it -- I loves me my sleep.
My week off was very busy and I didn't really get to relax like I had intended. I also thought I might paint a closet or something but that didn't happen either. A friend told me her resolution for 2012 is to slow down and when I thought about it I realized that is a perfect resolution for me. I keep thinking I can add to my schedule and my list if I would just work harder and faster, but the truth is I need to slow down and enjoy the journey a little. I've become absolutely horrible at listening and remembering and I believe it's because my mind is racing as I multitask in my brain while people are talking. I need to slow down and listen. It's cheesy, but I need to be in the moment.
After a lifetime of distracted listening, that should be a real challenge for me. I need to take baby steps and force myself to tune in throughout the day so I can have several small successes along with the inevitable failures.
My husband talks a lot, and in fact is known for his gift of gab. If I actually listened to him all of the time, I would get nothing else done. He thinks out loud (which can drive me crazy sometimes) so I have learned over the years to tune him out. The problem is I don't always know when to tune back in, and he is always telling me he told me something and I would swear he didn't. I don't think I can get him to talk less, so I guess I'm just going to have to figure this one out. (He's talking right now, and is interrupting my train of thought.....this could be harder than it looks!)
I had a manicure on Wednesday and I just took off the polish this morning. My soft nails don't hold polish for long, but I gave myself a manicure and put on new polish. They look nice. I think I'll resolve to take better care of my hands and skin because the manicurist made them look so good. I watched her when she lotioned me up, and realized I use WAY too little lotion when I do remember to use it. Normally, if I can't work it in with a few rubs I don't want it, but she took her time and worked probably four times the amount that I use in and it made such a difference. Again, my eagerness to complete a task has caused me to perform at a less than optimal level. Slow down!
I need to clean up and get dressed now. I will put on lots of lotion and begin my new year in good shape. Yay me!
Sunday, January 1, 2012
Happy Night's Sleep!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment