Monday, January 16, 2012

High road

It's been a tough few days mentally.  I had a terrible week last week at work and ended it up with an argument with my boss who is a) wrong; b) stupid; and c) annoying.  And then he topped it off by talking about me to his spouse who also works at the university (a friend overheard some of it).  So in turn I'm talking about him to the etherworld, secure in the knowledge that the handful of people who read this won't tell.

I'm absolutely not a shirker, but I toyed with calling in sick tomorrow because I was so upset.  It wasn't until this evening that I decided that two wrongs don't make a right, and I need to take the high road.  I also need to get over it because I have a job to do and this is a very busy time.  Basically, I can't be a big baby because it's been my experience when I do act like a baby I end up feeling worse for acting that way.  And I don't need to feel worse than I do.

I spent the entire day off today in my home office, mostly working on payroll and reporting returns for a contract client.  The invoice for him is going to be staggering because I'm not even finished yet.  I had to order more W-2 forms because I was having such a time typing them correctly.  I only have one left to do but I ran out of forms because my really outdated software is in a different format than the 2011 W-2 forms and I couldn't seem to get information in the right blanks.  It became ridiculous.  I did manage to get the payroll tax returns and the 1099's done. 

I think I'll head to bed and hope I get some rest.  My left shoulder is in a knot and I'm still stressing a little.  Gotta chill for sure.

No comments: