Saturday, February 18, 2012

Fresh cut

I got a haircut this morning that feels fresh and new, even though it's just a simple modification of the one I've had for a while.  I am not a person that can wear the same hairstyle indefinitely, so it became time to change it up again.  I was able to communicate what I wanted to my stylist, and he understood me.  Score.

I'm wearing my hair fairly short again, which is really my best look I think.  I don't know if it's better because I can more easily style and care for shorter hair, or because it looks better even if I knew what to do with long hair.  My hair is thicker and heavy and length just weighs it down, pulling all of the bounce and body out of it.  I have to be careful with shorter hair though because I don't want to get caught with the "old lady haircut" that I see so many women of a certain age wearing.  I hate looking like everyone else, especially when I'm not of that certain age quite yet.

But you want to know what's kind of freaky?  I'll be 55 later this year.  That feels weird.  The senior discounts will be good, but the truth is we already get them at McDonald's without them even asking, so I'm kind of already in that mode.  Still, that doesn't mean I want to get an old lady haircut.

I need to get busy on a couple of baby blankets, but haven't taken time to cut the fabric.  A friend's son and his wife are expecting and I'm pretty sure I'll get invited to a shower soon.  We have a busy few weeks coming up, including a weekend away to attend a garden show.  Doesn't that sound like fun?  I think so!

I hope I'm not jumping the gun, but it feels like Spring is around the corner, the economy is beginning to turn around, and all will soon be right with the world.  And I'm ready for it with my fresh and new haircut -- good timing.

And I know this is boring but I'm tired so deal...

No comments: