Sunday, October 28, 2012

Our dog is full of crap

I worked in the back yard today and was astonished at how much poo there was back there.  We have one dog, a black pug.  Apparently, she believes she is a Great Dane or a St. Bernard or maybe even a small elephant, because she sure as heck craps like one.

The numbers don't add up because she poops like a rock star yet still manages to gain weight on expensive Science Diet low calorie food.  I believe she gains weight on air.  I was raking the yard and trying hard to figure out how there could be so much poop in such a small area, but R told me later he hadn't scooped the yard before mowing it on Wednesday.  That makes a little more sense, but still.

Our cat also poops like a rock star, but she has a phobia about doing it outdoors.  She can relax in the sun outside all day but saves it up to come into our house and use (mostly) the litter box in our basement.  Lately she has a phobia about the litter box and has taken to using the laundry baskets or piles of laundry on the basement floor.  I now put a couple of  plastic hangers on top of my dirty laundry in the basket to throw her off (she won't use it if it's not comfortable).

We had to take the pug to my son's house yesterday while I hosted a baby shower here.  We just didn't need her snorting and smelling up the place.  She's become really smelly in the past few months, and probably needs some dental work.  I'm still paying for my own and R's dental work, so she is just going to have to wait.  At the rate we're going, it may be a couple of years.

To get her over there we put her in a harness for the first time in ages, and our largest one barely buckled.  I know how she feels.

Sigh....just in time for the holidays.

No comments: