Man oh man I got so much done this weekend and last weekend it's insane. I'm hosting a baby shower here in a week and I wanted to start house cleaning and still keep up with the usual: bookwork, laundry, groceries. I got started in the kitchen and wiped down the fronts of the lower cabinets as I scrubbed the floor. I sorted through and cleaned up my office last weekend, and I can't tell you how much better it is to work in there without piles of stuff everywhere. I vacuumed the furniture and dusted most everything else. You know, stuff like that. Plus bookwork and laundry. R bought the groceries.
I also cut out a couple of blankets and a little hat for the baby shower. Now I've got to get myself busy and get the crochet borders on. I made a blanket and hat for a shower a week ago, and I finished the blanket the night before. I finished the hat hours before. I like to cut it close.
R cleaned up the back yard and put stuff in the shed that needs protection over the winter. Then he swept up the leaves on the deck and hosed it off. He cleaned the wood floors and all of the ceiling fans (25 blades on five fans according to him). He's such a great help and he also takes direction well.
And all this while our youngest granddaughter turned one and had a party, and we had three other grandkids for much of the day Saturday. Oh yes, there was also a soccer game and I fit in a haircut at 7:20 on Saturday morning. It was busy but we had a great weekend.
I was off last Monday and spent it running errands for my Mom's estate work. My dining room still has a lot of files and boxes in it but I've made a lot of headway there too. When I went back to work after my day off I was depressed because I had to go back to work after my day off. I don't want to be older and nearer to retirement age but I for sure want to retire. Maybe turning 55 a week ago had something to do with it. I seriously need to invest in some lottery tickets.
Seems weird to be 55 but it also seems appropriate. Most of the time. We played dominoes the day after my birthday and it was the usual cut-throat, trash talking nastiness. Pretty juvenile behavior for mid-fifties. Pretty darn fun too.
I play bunco this week and have a dinner out with a friend so I better get moving on the baby blanket. I'll try to get the starter round on tonight. Best get moving!
Sunday, October 21, 2012
Working for the weekend
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment