Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Kickin' Excel's butt

I'm not an Excel novice, but there are formulas and uses that I haven't had to access (Ha! Microsoft Office pun!) in a while. In my new position, I had to resurrect some of that long-dormant knowledge but I had no time to puzzle it out and no patience with the process. Yesterday I spent way too much time working on it without actually reading directions and eventually just doing what I needed to do by hand. Today, I brought my printed information on the formula home with me and read what Microsoft had to say. Tonight I was able to combine a couple of spreadsheets and force out a column of fresh, relevant, and necessary information. Bam!

The students are gone this week, so our office is pretty quiet. I'm taking time to finish up the Spring billing (I'm close) which I would normally have completed by now. I have also written out some instructions for a few of the new processes I'm taking over and am picking up a little more information each day. I visited with the Director today and told him if I have to do two jobs for too much longer it will kill me. Then I found out that I am still on probation due to my job change, and I laughed...did I say it would kill me? I meant to say I'll manage. Haha!

I haven't had anyone resign this week so that's a good thing.

Tomorrow is the first day of Spring and it's a most welcome solstice in my opinion. I've been cold all day, at least until I got home and put my Thermocore socks on and let them work their magic. I still want to sit in the sun with a glass of iced tea and my feet elevated. Last Friday the high temperature was 87 degrees. Today it snowed. I need it to be a bit more consistent.

That's all. I'm tired.

No comments: