Monday, July 8, 2013

The Heat is ON

Summer arrived and so did the heat, neither of which is a big deal for my typically cold self. However, mix one part hot flashes, one part insomnia, and then have the A/C go out at work leaving the second floor offices hot enough to cook an egg, and I'm just fizzled. It was out last Friday and we managed, but it came back on over the weekend while I was working so I thought it would be okay today. When I arrived this morning, it was off again and it was awful. It got worse as the day went on and by the end of the day I was sweaty, sticky, fried mess. Someone told me today it is expected to be off until Friday because it's an old system and parts are hard to come by. Oh, and the temperature was around 100 today. Yippee.

I'm kind of frustrated because I'm the girl that can handle heat and I just couldn't today. I know hot flashes have been kicking my butt, especially in the evening and at night. Even R cannot believe my temperature, because I am never warm and never, ever warmer than him. But I feel like a cluster of over-heated wiring right now, with a nuclear powered heat source.

Because we were all so sapped at work today, R and I picked up some bottled water and a bag of ice to bring to work in a cooler. I also bought a bag of 3 Musketeers fun-size bars to stick in the ice for staff to eat cold. We have vending machines and water fountains at work, but I thought opening up a cooler with ice would feel better than walking down a hot hall to a vending machine. We'll see. Trying to be a good boss here.

That's it. My brain is melted.

No comments: