I am seeing the light at the end of the tunnel....I hope. I hope it's not just the light from another tunnel.
The part of my new job that has most scared me is due this month, and for all intents and purposes, I am finished with it. I knew I had to have it done before 9/30 and I pretty much wrapped it up today. I had no idea what it was or how to do it until about a ten days ago, but I discovered that all of my hard work on the reconciliations has paid off and made the reporting part easier to understand. I know there will be a few more hurdles and probably a stumble or two, but I think I can manage what comes and learn from it.
Deep breath.....exhale.
Tough as it's been, I've learned a lot about how to do the job, how to check balances as I go forward, and how important it is to keep up with the work in order to avoid a situation like I just experienced. I haven't reconciled anything this fiscal year, but I'm only 2 (almost 3) months behind instead of 12. I can deal with that.
And to set the record straight, I started out behind because of the lack of work done by my predecessor and the timing of when I assumed the position. And of course my own plodding methods.
So, now I'm on to other topics in my life. A grandbaby due any day! A birthday coming up in a few weeks and a little weekend trip planned to celebrate! We hosted dominoes last night and I spent the morning cleaning house and loving the fresh air from the open windows! All good stuff!
I'm even allowing myself to dream a bit indulgently about taking a little vacation next summer with the hubs. We've talked about it for a few years, but life and work got in the way. I think we may be able to pull it off next year if we try. We're thinking South Dakota, around Mt. Rushmore, and all of the loveliness we can spot along the way.
I'm ready to get back to living life again. I may celebrate with a bath tonight. Clearly, I dream big!
Sunday, September 22, 2013
Tunnel vision
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment