Grandchild number six arrived on the 24th and he is a beautiful little addition to our world. He was a little early and spent some time in the NICU with a partially collapsed lung but is home and doing well. He fits perfectly into the family and I'm sure we'll ask ourselves at some point how we ever could imagine life without him.
Each of our grandchildren has a special place in our hearts. Each one found a niche that is unique to them and their personalities. When our first grandchild was born, my heart ached from the huge expansion of love. I remember it literally hurt. I don't remember feeling that when I married my husband or had my kids, and I truly loved them with all my heart. I still do. But the grandchildren bring something different to the table that I have only heard other grandparents discuss. We all say the same thing, that we didn't know we could love anyone so much.
Sorry hubs. Sorry kids. The hearts wants what it wants.
Sunday, October 6, 2013
New man in my life
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment