I spent the past few days with grandkids while parents are out of town. I have had so much fun, even after realizing once again how much work is involved. It's not really more work than I remember, it's just that I'm out of (physical) practice. I love the opportunity though, because we basically spent the last few days eating, playing, and loving our time together.
I especially enjoyed watching the older two help take care of the youngest. They seem to get as much from it as she does, and she's one of those kids who lights up a room with laughter. They played games with her, helping her along and encouraging her. It was truly the best part of our time. It made me so proud of the older two and their caring natures.
R came in to help yesterday and left today. He is, hands down, the best person I know at playing games with kids. They had so much fun together playing Candyland, because he's so comfortably playful. He shines at fun...I shine at caregiving.
But tomorrow I'll head back home, to our quiet, old house and our sedate life. I have an extra day off on Tuesday with nothing to do, so I'd love to come up with the perfect little start-to-finish project that would make me feel accomplished without feeling exhausted. I'm not good at kicking back these days, so if I could find a low-key, minimal-effort task with big bang for the buck that would be awesome. If something comes to mind, I'll do it. I'm not going to overthink it though.
I'm having a little trouble decompressing from being away from work. I'm still struggling with trying to relax and slow down, but I'll get there. I had to rev my engines so high for so long, I'm not so good at idle.
Sunday, October 27, 2013
Eat, play, love
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment