Friday, December 20, 2013

Twas the end of a long week....

It was a long week at work, where I hoped to do some catching up, but other events (people, crashes, tasks, errors and some pure knuckle-headedness) got in the way.  No matter, I worked a bit late to clear a couple of things off my desk, screwed up one of them (twice) and then went home to eat some fresh cinnamon rolls left at our door by a friend.  I also had a delicious tuna salad in a pita pocket sandwich, some fresh veggies, and a glass of wine.  And then some popcorn and a small amount of M&M's.  And now I feel kind of "over full" which happens when someone eats like a pig.

I have a few things I'd like to get done here this weekend, but the weather is turning nasty tonight and tomorrow.  I hope we can get around if we need to, but I hope even more that R has a chance to try out his new snow blower.  Merry Christmas, husband!  Happy Anniversary too!

We're having kids on the 26th and we'll be fixing one of my favorite meals:  brunch!  Breakfast casserole (with sausage), cinnamon rolls (my own homemade), a bit of fruit and then whatever the kids bring.  If I can, I'll cook up some hashbrowns too.  I haven't made any Christmas cookies, and I still want to fix a batch of springerle to honor my mom, but I did make some almond biscotti that is awesome.  I'm also craving Chex mix (my summer blend) so I know I'll have that.

Man I love the holidays (food)!

I'm working on a new afghan and the color is so pretty.  I wish it was a bit larger so it would keep me warm while I work on it, but it will get there.  I really should finish up our Christmas letters and get those in the mail this weekend.  Yeah, right.

I'm cold so I think I'll hit the tub.  Or watch Fashion Police.  It doesn't matter because the weekend is here!

No comments: