Thursday, January 1, 2015

New Year again?

It's January 1, 2015, and I'm stretched out on the chaise part of the sectional sofa with a warm bed buddy over my feet (but under the afghan).  I'm sipping on a cup of chamomile mint tea, reading old January posts with the TV on in the background.  The holiday decorations are taken down and put away which is a good thing but also a little sad.  And so the year begins.

R is working tomorrow at the grocery store so I will probably head into work and get a few things done.  My plan was to take myself to lunch and read my Kindle but the book I want to read is on hold at the library.  I do have a backup hard cover library book that my neighbor picked up for me when she was worried I needed to find time to read over my break.  Truly thoughtful.

I've interviewed two people for my leadership class and got some positive feedback.  The interview is basically a series of questions about what they can tell me about myself and how I can improve as a person.  I hope to interview my sister this weekend and I also need to try to find someone to interview from work (I don't want to put any of my staff on the spot).

Our Christmas was yesterday because the kids' schedules were challenging this year, and it was nice as always.  Kids and R went together and got me an engraved brick for the walkway in front of my building at work.  It's a fundraiser but I'm excited because I am both an alumni and employee, and it will be placed in front of my own building.

Work will be crazy when we return, but I'm going to have to take small bites so I don't overwhelm myself.  I'm a very fast eater and I barely chew, so this will be a challenge.  Maybe if I could teach myself to literally eat more slowly I could figuratively take small bites of tasks throughout my day.  Hmm.

Time to wrap.  The bed buddy has warmed my feet but the tea is cold.  Something needs attention.

No comments: