Thursday, February 26, 2015

Is it really only Thursday?

I'm dragging tonight, from a combination of lack of sleep, abundance of headache, and over abundance of work.  I'm covering tasks from another desk because someone in my boss' office is leaving and one of my staff is covering for him.  It's a whole big can of worms.

Another staff member told me this week that a couple of the people in our office are creating friction amongst the group with whispering and whining and general nonsense.  I have a pet peeve about silliness like that but frankly haven't had to worry about it until now.  In fact, I was recently thankful that my staff basically handled things themselves which should have been my sign to watch for trouble ahead.  Serves me right for thinking that way.

I also was thinking the other day how well my car runs even though it's nearly 10 years old.  The battery immediately went bust and there could be a drain that is messing with the alternator.  I've got to stop being so darn upbeat.

The weather went from nearly 60 yesterday to ridiculously cold and windy last night.  I left my heavy coat home at lunch but thankfully grabbed a light one in case it rained when I got off work.  The wind nearly blew me over, and definitely blew through my light coat but it was better than nothing.

So, enough with the whining.  What's positive on the horizon?  First of all, I get paid tomorrow.  Second, our tax refund (Yes! We got a refund!!) hit the bank yesterday.  Third, tomorrow's Friday and that's never a bad thing.  I have a luncheon at work with some bigs and some wigs and it may or may not be fun but the food should be good.  It won't be my beloved Chipotle but it will be good.

And now the headache has asked me to close this up and rest my eyes.  So I will.

No comments: