Saturday, May 23, 2015

Crazy motivated

I'm typing now in my updated sewing room/office that has been purged and reorganized within an inch of its life.  We removed our old roll-top desk (not an antique, but dang heavy) and are donating it to a niece who is willing to take it off our hands.  I toyed with selling it at a consignment shop but was told they don't sell easily because most of them aren't set up for computers.  Ouch.

We then rearranged and set up the corner computer desk again with the idea that most of what was in the roll-top would fit in it now that I'm not doing books for my husband or contract clients.  That worked out okay although I have a laundry basket of stuff to store in the basement and another basket of stuff to take to Goodwill.

My long-term plan is to copy everything on the PC to my much more current laptop and keep the laptop up in the office which will eliminate the clutter of the PC and the monitor.  I'm not in the mood right now but may look into having an ITS guy from work do it for me.

When I was done rearranging and purging, I found that I had cords exposed (we are woefully short of outlets up here) and I thought about getting a nice plant to hide the outlet.  I even went to look at some but wasn't impressed with the selection.  Then I had a flash of brilliance and hauled up one of our side chairs from the TV room to tuck in the corner in front of the windows (and the cords).  I now have a spot to read, type on my iPad, watch TV, and listen to the rain.  I also pilfered a floor lamp and then christened the room "Mary's Retreat".  Before I could even sit in the chair R sat in it and ruined the entire effect.  He was immediately banished to the TV room and the cushions on my chair had to be plumped and smoothed again.

Of course he's complaining because I stole his lamp but he mostly sleeps in front of the TV anyway.  And when I'm crazy motivated, nothing better get in my way.

No comments: