Fridays don’t mean quite as much when a person is (mostly) retired, but there is still some anticipation about the weekend involved. Since R is still working we look forward to his days off and I try and accomplish what I can so he doesn’t have to spend his entire time running errands or cleaning.
Today I ran to a big box home improvement store to spend money on yet another squirrel deflector for our camera-equipped bird feeder. I added a second baffle to the shepherd’s crook that holds the feeder so there is one hanging below the feeder (so they can’t jump up to it) and one on the pole (so they can’t climb it. Now we wait to see how long it takes for them to figure out a way to bypass our deflectors. And they always do.
I’m cleaning house for dominoes tomorrow night. I loves me a good reason to deep clean. Today I took the frosted glass cover off a hall ceiling light because it looked like there were large, long-legged insects that had bit the big one in there. Turns out it was spider webs looking creepy but still it needed cleaning. Very satisfying. Trouble is I couldn’t get the cover back on by myself so I guess R will have to help later on. And that’s how it usually goes.
I’m picking up a work friend for lunch today and convinced her that a McDonald’s burger would be mighty tasty. Not everyone gets the McDonald’s vibe, but I do. Cheap, consistent, and iced tea that is so, so good. And refillable. Anyway, I’m thinking quarter pounder. Once in a while, I needs me some beef and the QP w/C does the trick.
After I get my beef, I’ll tackle the kitchen and my bathroom floor. They need a scrubbing and I’ll be iron-fortified. I have a little work stuff to tackle but it shouldn’t take more than an hour and then I’ll submit my timesheet (yay paycheck!) I need to dust my first floor furniture and then run the vacuum. Deep clean isn’t really that deep, but it will make the house nice for the weekend.
I’m going to wrap this and see how the squirrel deflectors are doing. Ta!
No comments:
Post a Comment