Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Busy work

I spent the day trying to find things to occupy myself at work. AAARGHHH! I'd rather be really busy than be really bored. I worked on spreadsheets, lists, tidied up the database, and spent way too much time googling questions about CT scans. And I'm not even supposed to be on the internet if it's not work related!

I've told my boss I need more to do, but so far nothing has surfaced. I told him I'm bringing in R's work to do (bookwork from his business) and he just smiled which means it must still be okay. I'm not sure if the rest of the office is aware that I have his approval to do that, but I'm not going to hide it. I wish I could read a book at work, but that's verboten. Go figure.

I'm having a CT scan on Friday to check a small amount fluid in my abdomen that showed up on a sonogram. I told J I was hoping it was about a 15 pound pocket of fluid that could easily be drained and would explain the stubborn plateau I've reached with weight loss, but the reality is that it's more than likely a growth consisting of M&M's and French fries (which, coincidentally, would also explain the plateau).

The big birthday is just over three weeks away, and the big bash in a little over two weeks. I really need to get that closet done, or at the very least get some doors back up. We could very easily have a house full so there could be people everywhere. Note to self: make sure all of the cat hairballs and poop have been cleaned from the basement floor. I learned that lesson the hard way when the furnace or water heater have needed service. There's nothing you can say that makes a good excuse for that.

Okay. Time to accomplish something.

No comments: