Friday, September 21, 2007

Such a fun day

J and Ry (my youngest) were in town last night, along with the g-kids. It's always a blast to see them and they all stayed overnight. My grandson is a funny, smart little 2-year-old who keeps us busy, laughing, and trying to come up with ways to entertain and teach him. I always feel so good when I come up with something he likes. His sister is just the happiest 7-month-old ever and that's always fun to be around. She even reached out for me last night which gave me warm fuzzies.

R is wrapping up his cold or flu or whatever he had. J made the comment to me that it was unusual that she or I did not end up with it which is an understatement. I have the knack for acquiring and harboring every little bug that travels around. The g-kids had it, R had it, J's husband had it, and my walking partner had it. I was definitely exposed. She said that maybe it's the B-12 we've been taking (sublingual, 2500 mg) which is a strong possibility. Hmm. I'll have to watch my illnesses for a while to be sure, but she may be on to something.

I had my CT scan today and it went well. I didn't freak out or anything. I'll take a CT over an MRI anyday. In fact, if I'm not unconscious, you can just forget the MRI.

I was scheduled for an MRI a few years ago because I was having these weird head aches. I told the nurse scheduling it that I had one once and I could barely hold it together. For that reason, I told her to make sure it was an "open MRI" machine, not the old kind. She said fine and made me an appointment. I went to the appointment, walked in to the machine room, and said to the tech, "That doesn't look like an open MRI to me," as I stopped frozen in my tracks. She said it was open....one opening on each end. I told her that wasn't what I had in mind. She said I could try lying down to see if I could manage it, and I tried and failed. I turned around and went home and never went back. The headaches went away on their own (probably MRI stress related anyway).

I felt really stupid, but my daughter, who is a nurse, told me that it's a hard machine to get used to. She said if it wasn't, they wouldn't have had to make the open-sided MRI machines. She said lots of people can't do it. I felt better after that.

Sounds like I have lots of medical tests but I really don't have lots of medical issues. Just stuff that occasionally needs double checking. And now that I'm taking B-12, I'm superwoman.

No comments: