We think our fawn pug has gone (almost) blind. Last week I saw him smack into our deck as he was trying to jump up on it (it's maybe a foot off the ground). I thought maybe he took a bad jump, but since then he's been having a hard time discerning distance, finding doors, and has been running into things, so I'm pretty sure he can't see. His vision has always been iffy, so it's no shock it has gone over the edge. He seems fairly okay otherwise, but we need to schedule a vet visit. I'm not sure when we can do it but I don't think it will change anything. We just need some confirmation.
Yesterday I saw him run into a tree. He has also run into me several times, and doesn't move out of the way when I walk past him. Since he used to do that, I'm not used to avoiding him. Consequently, I've ran into him more than a few times. I feel terrible about that, and am going to have to start paying attention.
I saw the black pug trying to show him to the steps off the deck to help make it easier for him to get down. Basically he has to take a leap of faith when he jumps off, so it would be helpful if he would go to the steps.
But the black pug is not all helpful. Today she ate 3 of my home-made lasagna noodles, which was a quarter of the total I needed for the lasagna I was making. She somehow stretched her fat little self high enough to snag the corner of the paper towel the noodles were drying on and pull down three of them. They were gone before I discovered what she was doing. Pugs normally can't reach onto dining room tables. She is not a normal pug.
I was pissed. R got her out of the house before I killed her. I had to re-roll my soup noodles into lasagna noodles and then have R buy some soup noodles. She was remorseful though which has never happened before. It almost made it okay.
I've got to stop and write down my lasagna recipe before I forget it. I think it's going to be awesome, pug interference aside.
Sunday, August 23, 2009
Pug worry
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment