Saturday, August 29, 2009

Recovery

Okay, right after I typed the title, I looked over and there was a nasty cricket on the arm of my sofa, ready to leap on me and send me into orbit. I let out a whoop, and R came over and caught it before it did any real damage (or caused me to). Now I can't remember what I was going to write about unless it's something like recovery from a heart attack.

We're sitting down, relaxing before bedtime. We had an early morning so we could pick up the g-kids, and after dropping them back off this evening and getting some shopping done we headed to a birthday party for R's nephew's wife. It was good to catch up with his family a little, but now we're ready to settle back and.......recover. That must have been what I was thinking about when I typed the title.

It's cooling off and feeling like fall lately. I know it's still August, but I'm in the mood to cook and clean and be domestic. Of course I'll be bored with cold weather about a month after it happens, but it's nice to switch from a warm-season diet (sandwiches, grilled foods, salads) to a cool-season diet (soups, crock-pot dishes, casseroles). I looked at the baby afghan I started last (when?) year and thought, "That looks good." I have maybe ten rows done. I only crochet in the cool weather, so it must be cooling off. I'll be doing good to get another ten rows done this year.

Plus, there is the hot chocolate, hot tea, and sitting by the fire to look forward to. Doesn't that sound good? It's got to be one of my favorite things to do in the world. That and sitting on the deck in the summer, reading a book and sipping iced tea. Do my favorite activities always include beverages? And sitting? God I'm lazy.

Work was still crazy last week but I managed to get away an hour early on Friday. I think we'll be okay and I think I'll have enough done to go on vacation without guilt or concern. We leave Friday morning. Ahhh.

There will be sitting (on the beach) and there will be beverages (alcohol and ice included) and we hope to experience a full recovery.

No comments: